I presented a paper at a conference in Denver last month. This marked my first presentation at a national-level conference—and I had been, admittedly, somewhat nervous.
About an hour before my presentation, I checked my email to find that thesinglegourmetandtraveller had nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
While not alleviating my nervousness entirely, of course, this notification did prompt me to set my jaw; it allowed me to focus my attention clearly on the task at hand—in part, because I knew that I had something else.
That is, something—and particularly, some form of writing—is mine that is not my work. This.
Thank you kindly, Kay. Be sure to check out Kay’s beautiful blog, thesinglegourmetandtraveller
The rules of the award are:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Select 15 blogs for the award.
5. Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere.
7 random things about me:
1. I ate duck breast for the first time in Denver. Here is a photo:
2. I live in something of an attic — but it works fairly well, for the most part.
3. I probably spend too much money at coffee shops. I am sitting at one now, in fact.
4. I abhor mice.
5. I do love pens. And yellow legal pads.
6. And data. Data is fabulous. Data offers the illusion of control. Like narratives.
7. I am horrible at growing herbs indoors — but I am determined to get the hang of it eventually.
15 blogs for the award:
I read these blogs regularly. They have influenced me over the past five months in so many ways. Thank you!
1. Putney Farm
11. Frugal Feeding
12. The Yellow House
14. local kitchen
15. Blissful Basil